Time flies and it has been 3 months since I started my blog. Here are some random thoughts about it:
- I enjoy it. I like to take a break from everything else and focus on writing a post. I often find myself thinking about good topics for posts or just working on something and saying to myself: "I should blog about it".
- It is time consuming. I did my best to write at least one article per week. It usually takes about 2-3 hours. Some took much more.
- I focused on generating my own original content. Quoting posts from other blogs seems a bit like plagiarism, even when you quote the source. Something feels wrong. Nevertheless, I plan to start doing it in my blog - I read a lot of other blogs and I'm always sifting through tons of posts. Taking the jewels and highlighting them on my blog can provide real value to my readers.
- It sounds funny to say "my readers", but I did get over 3000 visitors during that time, which is an average of over 30 people per day. I have about the same amount of subscribers (you don't count them as visitors, they usually get it by RSS or email). That's not a lot, but that's a start.
- I found that the best way to promote my blog is posting the links on other sites like discussion groups and bulleting boards.
- I tried to reach out to fellow bloggers with little success. I still fantasize about having a feature on a post I wrote in one of my favorite blogs which have massive publication. I'm constantly thinking about how...
That's it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :-)